Friday, March 27, 2009

"The One Thing I Can't Get Back Is the One Thing I Miss"

I was told today that I've lived a very sheltered life. I have. My innocence has been teased in the past both by my friends and those who were not my friends. I'm glad I've lived a sheltered life. I wish it could have been more sheltered. I know things that I wish I didn't know. And it's not through any fault of those who love me that I've learned these things. It's because society tells us that if we don't know these sickening things we're ignorant. We're naive and stupid and old fashioned. Innocence once lost can't be regained. And now "the one thing I can't get back is the one thing I miss."

1 comment:

Purple Hawaiian Catholic said...

Amen. It's sick how open our world is about certain topics. It's true what they say, "Nothing is sacred." It's just another symptom of the moral decline of America, and the world in general.